MEADOW VIEW GUIDED HIKES
FOWEY | CORNWALL
New for 2020: a collection of Poldark Cornish location walking tours!
See outline and picture gallery below
Early bird discounts available now
Bookable as individual dates or as a three day trip, with optional accommodation.
Each day will cover part of Cornwall and visit filming locations used in the BBCTV 2015-19 production, which your guide worked on as a Supporting Artist. Itineraries will involve visits to locations which either require or are enhanced by short walks over rugged ground. Guests will need a reasonable level of fitness for walking 30-60 minutes at any one time.
Transport is included in a chartered vehicle with professional driver, from and returning to the start point in Fowey, unlike other driver/guide tours. This means that you have constant access to your host, uninterrupted by the demands of driving and with no parking delays. Pick-ups from your accommodation on or near the route will be provided where possible.
Group size is limited to 14 guests maximum
We will see a video compilation of scenes from the production filmed at the locations we visit.
- Transport from start point, between locations and return to start point
- Guided visits and walks to all locations on the itinerary, with commentary and Q&As
- Entry fees where applicable to visitor attractions included on the itinerary
What's NOT included:
- Refreshments during the day at morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea stops
Day 1 North & East Cornwall : will include (subject to confirmation on booking)
- the historic harbour at Charlestown, which has appeared as Truro Quay and St Mary's, Isles of Scilly, together with a short coastal path walk
- a moorland walk to the site where Ross first set foot back in Cornwall in S1E1
- a walk within sight of the location used for the external shots of Nampara, Ross & Demelza's home
- a clifftop walk on the dramatic north Cornwall coast at a location used for many scenes throughout all series
- A beach visit to one of many 'Nampara Cove' locations
Day 2 South Cornwall : will include (subject to confirmation on booking)
- a clifftop walk on the headland used for the valley setting of Nampara, Ross & Demelza's home
- a mine visit to the preserved mine used for filming underground scenes at the fictional 'Wheal Leisure'
- a beach visit to the location of the night-time shipwreck and the church where Dr Enys and Caroline Penvenen were married.
- a clifftop walk on the dramatic south Cornwall coast at a location used for many scenes throughout all series
Day 3 West Cornwall : will include (subject to confirmation at booking)
- the mine with restored steam winding engine, used as the fictional Tresidder's Rolling Mill
- a cliff walk to the semi-derelict mines used for the fictional Grambler Poldark family mine, infamously lost in a card game by Francis Poldark
- a walk to the location used for the external shots of Ross's mine, the fictional Wheal Leisure
- a 1.5 mile clifftop walk on the dramatic west Cornwall coast between one of many 'Nampara Cove' locations and the familiar cottages, stone slipway and stepping stones across the river in the fictional village of Sawle
Make a no obligation enquiry using the form below